St Peter & St Paul, Whitney on Wye
- Road reference: A438 Hereford to Brecon road
- OS Grid Ref: 267475
- Parking available
- Disabled access
- Open access all hours
This peaceful little church was built in 1740 to replace one which was destroyed by the River Wye. It contains treasures from the old church including the medieval east window and the old font probably 12th century. The beautiful stained glass windows are also well worth a look. The tower houses the original five bells which have been in situ since the church was built and are still in regular use today. The Revd. Francis Kilvert was a regular visitor both to the church and to his dear friend Revd. Henry Dew.
The church is always open for visitors to enjoy the peace and tranquillity.